Breast Augmentation Delivers Naturally-Beautiful Breasts with the Looks and Feel You Want
The desire to have a fuller breast and ideal contour is not uncommon among women of all ages. In fact, breast augmentation surgery remains one of the most popular forms of aesthetic surgery today, and is credited with improving self-confidence in the overall figure and proportions of women in various walks of life. Women are choosing to undergo breast augmentation for a variety of reasons including:
- Loss of breast size or volume
- The desire to have more proportionate curves
- Asymmetry or uneven breasts
- Wanting a larger or fuller breast size
- Correction of tuberous breasts
Dr. Stephen M. Becker , Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon in Alcoa, Tennessee, has helped many women achieve their desire to enhance their breast size and improve their appearance through breast augmentation. In fact, Dr. Becker is one the country’s emerging specialist on the use of the latest generation of breast implants: anatomic/shaped implants or also known as “gummy bear” implants. These implants more closely mimic the natural contour of the breast to create the ideal shape and proportion. Dr. Becker is a Key Opinion Leader for Mentor, one the most trusted names in breast implants. In this role, advises the company on next-generation technologies, lectures to other plastic surgeons on how to incorporate shaped implants into their practice and trains them in the correct use shaped implants. With this level of expertise, you can’t help but feel confident that Dr. Becker can help you achieve results that look and feel natural, beautiful, and exactly what you want!
Breast Augmentation Procedure
The success of your surgery depends on several factors. Your implant choice, incision location, and placement of implant—above or below the pectoralis muscle—are some of the ways we customize your procedure for you. After a thorough consultation, Dr.Becker will help you understand the options available to you, make his best recommendations based on your measurements and aesthetic desires, and work with you to ensure that the results of the procedure meet your unique goals. Your procedure will be done under general anesthesia and most patients are able to return to work and light activities after about 3-5 days, although rigorous exercise and heavy lifting should be avoided for several weeks.
Today’s breast implants are safer and more durable than ever before, and many come with factory warranty programs to back up their claims of durability! Implants come in two main types; silicone and saline, each of which has benefits and draw-backs:
- Silicone Gel: Silicone gel-filled implants tend to have a softer, more natural feel and will generally offer less incidence of rippling (visible wrinkling) of the implant. The implants come pre-filled to a wide range of sizes in a durable silicone implant shell. Currently, silicone implants are only FDA approved for augmentation in patients age 22 or older.
- Anatomic Shaped Gel (“Gummybears”): Form-stable gel filled implants that are shaped more like the natural breast. They provide more upper pole fullness and aesthetically balanced, proportion appearance to the breast. Although the ultimate choice of implant lies with each individual patient, Dr. Becker highly recommends the use of MemoryShape® shaped implants by Mentor®. These advanced implants are teardrop-shaped: tapered at the top and rounded at the bottom to closely mimic the shape of natural breast tissue. Moreover, the highly cohesive silicone gel gives the MemoryShape® implants a smooth, natural feel and the texured surface maintains the implant’s position on the chest so they don’t “bottom out” over time and lower the risk of capsular contracture. Whether you are seeking a modest augmentation or a more curvaceous look, MemoryShape® shaped implants are an excellent option to consider
- Saline Implants: Saline implants use the same implant shell as silicone implants, but are filled with sterile salt water and provide a uniform shape and firmness. Saline implants do not come pre-filled, but can be filled and adjusted to specific size requirements.
After type of implant, The decisions to be made include: location of incision, width of implant and projection. Your choice will not only depend on how you want the breast to look post-operatively (projection, upper pole fullness, cleavage, and width) but also the amount of breast tissue you have, skin quality and breast width. This dimensional analysis of your best will allow Dr. Becker to advise you on the best choice to achieve your desired result in the safest possible manner. At first, these choices can seem daunting, especially as there is no “right or wrong” answer. However, Dr. Becker will work closely with you to help you understand all the options, the benefits and risks of each one, and ensure that your augmentation results in the feminine, sexy breasts that you have been dreaming about.
Contact Dr. Stephen M. Becker
Dr. Stephen M. Becker and his team of professionals conduct a wide range of surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures with the highest degree of attention to individualized treatment plans and superior patient care. Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon Dr. Stephen M. Becker is a well trained and experienced surgeon with exemplary skills in the delicate art of aesthetic surgery. Whether you’re seeking to repair cosmetic damage from injury, turn back the clock on aging or just be the best version of “you”, a detailed consultation with Dr. Stephen M. Becker in our Alcoa, Tennessee office will guide you towards treatment options that will help you attain your desired aesthetic effects with the least amount of discomfort or downtime.