Restore and Enhance Your Lifted, Youthful, Sexy Breasts
Pregnancy, weight changes, or just the effects of time and gravity can lead to a loss of elasticity in the breast tissue, causing your breasts to sag or droop. The medical term is ptosis, but it is communally referred to as sagging or drooping. This, as well as other changes in the contour of your breasts, can leave you dissatisfied with their size, shape, and/or position. If you are concerned about or unhappy with the appearance of your breasts, you might be asking yourself if a breast lift is right for you! In fact, women have a variety of reasons to seek out breast lift surgery, such as:
- Dissatisfaction with the position of the breasts
- Uneven breast size or shape
- Deflated or pendulous-looking breasts
- Nipples or areolas that point downward
- Enlarged nipples or areolas
Yet being unhappy with your breast position is not something you just have to deal with or put up with. Dr. Stephen M. Becker, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon in Alcoa, Tennessee, offers various breast lift procedure options, each of which can be individually-tailored to suit each patient’s unique needs. Dr. Stephen M. Becker and his highly trained team are ready to meet with you to tailor a plan of care that is designed to attain your cosmetic desires. Their goal is to give you natural and aesthetically pleasing results without sacrificing the individualized approach you should come to expect in a cosmetic surgical experience.
Breast Lift Options
The type of breast lift procedure that is recommended for you is based on the degree of breast ptosis (breast droop) you are experiencing. The goal of all breast lift procedures is to excise excess, sagging skin and lift the nipple to the proper position and tighten the underlying tissues to create a lifted youthful shape. The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia, and can generally take 2 hours to complete. Patients usually take about a week off work and other regular activities to recover and ensure proper healing. The breast lift procedure also may be combined with breast implants if the added volume is desired.
Specific breast lift options include:
- Crescent Lift: This type of lift is used for patients with a small degree of ptosis and is often paired with breast implants. It involves using an incision that is crescent-shaped on the top portion of the areola where the color changes.
- Vertical Lift: Commonly referred to as a ‘lollipop’ lift, the incisions involved in this lift resemble a lollipop shape around the areola and then in a straight line down the middle bottom portion of the breast to the fold. This lift is recommended for patients with moderate ptosis.
- Full Lift: The full lift is recommended for patients with severe breast ptosis or lots of excess skin. The incisions are the same as for a vertical lift, but there is also an incision that runs along the bottom fold of the breasts.
Contact Dr. Stephen M. Becker
Dr. Stephen M. Becker and his team of professionals conduct a wide range of surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures with the highest degree of attention to individualized treatment plans and superior patient care. Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon Dr. Stephen M. Becker is a well trained and experienced surgeon with exemplary skills in the delicate art of aesthetic surgery. Whether you’re seeking to repair cosmetic damage from injury, turn back the clock on aging or just be the best version of “you”, a detailed consultation with Dr. Stephen M. Becker in our Alcoa, Tennessee office will guide you towards treatment options that will help you attain your desired aesthetic effects with the least amount of discomfort or downtime.